After 2 years of contracting for MiX Telematics, it’s time to say goodbye. I was sent to help the BI Team with the time zones project, and then moved to the Config Team where I worked on the Dynamic CAN project. I also worked with the Engineering Team for a while.
During my time here, everyone was super helpful. As a contractor I’ve seen many working environments, and I just want to complement MiX on the enjoyable environment they have created.
I learned a few things at MiX:
- Porsche drives a Volkswagen
- Visual Studio 2008 is so “last year”
- FM stands for Fleet Management
- Sometimes staff leave and come back within a few months
- Sometimes they keep their parking bays
- ETL’s can run hourly
- There are 127 time zones, not 24
- Stored Procedures can be debugged
- If you survived “time zones”, you can survive anything
- “Will, the owner of this vehicle” always parks in other people’s bays
- When designing a UI, always follow a label with a colon
- BA approval’s got nothing to do with the A-Team
- Paul’s not serious
- Gordon will be the next President soon, and then our biggest problem will be the price of Jelly Tots.
- A bug can disconnect mobile units
[wpgetpersonal], it was wonderful working with you, but now my people need me at DVT. I hope to serve as a bridge between MiX and DVT for future projects, so that I can work with you again – onsite or offsite.
If you ever need to get hold of me, use my contact details below. Don’t be a stranger.